MARKHAM, ON (September 20, 2012) – The all-new 2013 Honda Accord sedan is set to debut September 24 at Canadian dealerships with a Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) below $24,000 for the first time in eight years (Accord 4D L4 LX 6MT). The athletic Accord Coupe will arrive at dealerships on November 1, 2012. A new, top-of-line, Accord Touring V6 sedan model featuring Honda’s new six-speed automatic transmission, HondaLink™ connected-car system, LaneWatch™ Blind Spot Display, heated rear seats and LED headlights and taillights, will be available at an MSRP of $35,290.
The ninth-generation Honda Accord will redefine sophistication, efficiency and driving joy in the intermediate segment. Completely redesigned for 2013, the Honda Accord provides a host of powertrain, engineering, electronic and safety firsts combined with Honda’s trademark visibility and smart design. The 2013 Accord is designed to exceed customer expectations in the intermediate segment with increased value resulting from lower MSRPs and added content across the entire Accord lineup.
“This ninth-generation Accord will once again raise the bar with new Honda powertrain and safety technologies that will ensure the all-new Accord continues to lead in fuel economy, safety and fun-to-drive performance,” said Jerry Chenkin, executive vice president of Honda Canada. “Due to added standard features and technologies, coupled with price reductions, the new Accord adds up to $3,500 in additional value for Canadian customers compared to the outgoing model.”
All-new Earth Dreams™ powertrains include the first North American application of Honda’s next-generation 2.4-litre direct-injected 4-cylinder engine. The 2013 Accord Sedan and Coupe will also offer a more powerful and efficient V-6, and in summer of 2013, an all-new two-motor 2014 Accord Plug-in Hybrid (PHEV) Sedan will debut initially as an ATDP (Advanced Technology Development Product). Four transmissions are available, including the first-ever application of a continuously variable transmission (CVT) on 2.4-litre 4-cylinder models, a six-speed automatic on V-6 models, and unique 6-speed manual transmissions on 2.4-litre 4-cylinder models and the 3.5-litre V-6 Coupe. Fuel efficiency is the best ever for an Accord, with 4-cylinder models earning up to an estimated 5.5 litre/100 km highway rating and V-6 models getting up to an estimated 5.7 litre/100 km highway rating.
Other new Accord technologies include the first application of the all-new cloud-based HondaLink™ system, which lets drivers put away their smartphones and still stay connected to the people, music and social media they love. Also debuting on the 2013 Accord is the exclusive available Honda LaneWatch™ blind-spot display, which uses a camera system mounted on the passenger mirror for an enhanced view of the passenger-side roadway. The all-new 2013 Honda Accord also receives a rearview camera and an Expanded View Driver's Mirror as standard equipment.
New Accord Technology
• Honda’s first use of direct injection (DI) in North America contributes to the 2.4-litre inline 4-cylinder engine’s excellent fuel efficiency and low emissions.
• A new Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT), available with the 2.4 litre 4-cylinder engine, contributes to the Accord’s improved fuel efficiency. Honda’s unique G-Design Shift logic creates a connected feel and provides a more immediate acceleration response than conventional automatics or other CVT designs.
• New MacPherson-strut front suspension improves ride and handling qualities, while also reducing interior noise, vibration and harshness (NVH). The new lighter aluminum and steel front subframe also uses a proprietary Honda friction-stir welding process.
• Three features highly coveted by consumers are now standard on every new Accord: Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink®, USB/iPod® integration and rearview camera. No other manufacturer provides this level of standard equipment. Honda’s Expanded View Driver's Mirror is also now standard equipment on every Accord.
• All Accord models feature standard Econ button with Eco Assist™
• Included on Accord, EX-L and Touring Sedan models and EX-L Coupe, Honda LaneWatch™ Blind Spot Display provides an expanded rear view of the passenger side roadway through the intelligent Multi-Information Display (i-MID).
• All-new Smart Entry & Push Button Start included on Accord EX Coupe, EX-L and Touring models.
• Included on EX-L and Touring Sedan and EX-L Coupe models, Forward Collision Warning (FCW) alerts the driver when a potential collision with another vehicle ahead is detected.
• Included on Accord EX-L and Touring models, Lane Departure Warning (LDW) alerts the driver when lane drift is detected without a turn signal in use.
• New SmartVent™ side airbags mitigate the risk of excessive airbag deployment force while eliminating the need for the prior Accord’s Occupant Position Detection System (OPDS). SmartVent also allows improved heating of the passenger seatback on all models.
• The Accord Touring Sedan and EX-L V6 Coupes offer Honda’s first light emitting diode (LED) projector headlights for improved visibility, as well as LED daytime running lights (DRLs), while LED brake lights come on all EX-L and Touring Sedan models.
• The all-new available HondaLink™ connected-car system allows owners to put their smartphones away and still stay connected to their favorite digital content.
• Heated Rear Seats are available on EXL and Touring trims.
Additional product information and high-resolution photography of the 2013 Accord is available at www.hondanews.ca.
2013 Accord Pricing:
Accord 2D L4 EX 6MT $26,290
Accord 2D L4 EX CVT $27,490
Accord 2D L4 EXL-NAVI 6MT $29,990
Accord 2D L4 EXL-NAVI CVT $31,190
Accord 2D V6 EXL-NAVI 6MT $35,390
Accord 2D V6 EXL-NAVI 6AT $35,390
Accord 4D L4 LX 6MT $23,990
Accord 4D L4 LX CVT $25,190
Accord 4D L4 SPORT 6MT $25,490
Accord 4D L4 SPORT CVT $26,690
Accord 4D L4 EXL CVT $29,090
Accord 4D L4 TOURING 6MT $30,390
Accord 4D L4 TOURING CVT $31,590
Accord 4D V6 EXL 6AT $32,790
Accord 4D V6 TOURING 6AT $35,290